Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: Bloodlines


Richelle Mead offered a treat to all her Vampire Academy fans by doing a spin-off series based on Jill Dragomir, Lissa's last existing family member.

I had my doubts at first, mostly because Vampire Academy is one of my favorite series. Rose's voice, strong and filled with confidence was being replaced with Sydney's, whom I remembered as stuck up and analytical. So when Bloodlines began with Sydney emotionally distancing herself from the Moroi, I thought, "Oh no, she's going to be criticizing their every move."

But no.

Sydney was a great character, maybe just as strong as Rose when push came to shove. And Adrian was suave as always, leaving little space for disappointment.





Other books in the series




3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! :)I haven't read Bloodlines yet but I finished the Vampire Academy series. I'm not sure if Sydney can live up to Rose's rep. Haha. -Jelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, seems there is more to Sydney that meets the eye 0_0

      Delete
  2. I have this book in my MASSIVE TBR Mountain. I haven't read the Vampire Academy series yet either. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete