Sunday, January 27, 2013

Review: The Raven Boys



Ok, it might have been foolish of me to imagine that these Raven Boys (Gansey, Adam, Ronan, Noah) were actually shape-shifters.

Glendower
They are teensagers, obsessed with the idea of finding Glendower's body. You see, there is a myth: whoever finds Glendower gets a wish. And so these four boys team up with Blue, a witcht's daugther and together they go on a mission that went well beyond my expectations.

Maggie Stiefvater outdones herself once more. She has given us: werewolves, water horses, fairies... and now she gives us witchtcraft and spirits. Her characters are down to earth, and most important believable. She even tackles the heavy subject of Child Abuse.

Here is one reader, anxiously waiting for book two.

8 comments:

  1. I just got this from the library! I'm a huge fan of hers and now I'm even more excited to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! If she causes the love of life's death she will be devastated. I could already see this series leading up to a tragic situation. I liked one of her book but not enough to continue but Raven Boys is tempting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way after reading The Scorpio Races and put this one on my to read pile for a while. Glad I read it though.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this book yet. I've been pretty lukewarm on Maggie's books. Going to request this one from the library. Great review!

    new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Love your name by the way. Divergent is one of my favorite series. Following you back :)

      Delete
  4. The only book I have read by her is Her Fearful Symmetry, but I hear her others, including this one, are better. How do you put that box for the summary and cover in? I am looking for ways to improve my blog with the mini-Bloggiesta this weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a template. It took a fair amount of time to create, but afterward things went pretty smootly. Just paste the book picture in the appropriate place and write the blurb. Work pays off :)

    ReplyDelete