Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: I'm in debt because of you






Hmm, this week's question was tough. I took a look at my bookcase to see which authors appeared the most and was able to draw a good conclusion.

Sorry, Miss Piggy. But I only picked authors who I've read more than one book. No hard feeli-- ouch, that hurt!!




Top Ten Authors on my Auto-Buy List



1. Suzanne Collins I fell in love with The Hunger Games Trilogy before the movie came out and have a Mockingjay pin on my winter jacket.

2. J.K. Rowling Harry Potter is the only series I've ever re-read.

3. Cassandra Clare Can't get enough of her books. I'm about to read City of Lost Souls.

4. Veronica Roth Divergent captivated me instantly and made me a fan.

5. Richelle Mead I always pick up one of her books whenever I need a paranormal fix.

6. Sarah Dessen Her stories are deep and heartfelt.

7. Kelley Armstrong I'm hooked. Her books always carry an element of surprise. 

8. Maggie Stiefvater I have no clue how she writes with such intensity. Every single word counts. 

9.  Deb Caletti For some reason, her contemporary stories always hit close to home.

10. John Green The only man in the list. Not that they aren't many great male authors out there. Simply that John has a way with words that make me pause and think. 


10 comments:

  1. Awesome list! I had a few of the same authors!
    Thanks for stoppin by!
    -Andy
    @ Escape To New Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession, I own about 5 Deb Caletti books, and haven't read any of them. Thanks for visiting my list.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a few of those authors I have to say. Thanks for following my blog. I'm following you back now

    Char @ From the Shadows I Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a Mockingjay pin?! Eep =D Collins, Rowling, Clare and Green are on my list, too. Yay. And I've always to read a Deb Calleti book. Soon.

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list!! I really need to read some John Green books soon. I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't read any of his books.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-ten-tuesday-11.html


    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous list! Love John Green, Richelle Mead, Suzanne Collins, and JK Rowling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of your authors I haven't read. Suzanne Collins I loved Hunger Games, but don't know that I'm interested in any of her books before that. JK Rowling, as much as I love the Harry Potter series, her new adult book held no attraction for me whatsoever. And see I would think I'd feel the same about Cassandra Clare, but I can't seem to get into the Clockwork series. Weird? But I think you have some great choices here! Thanks for stopping by my top 10 as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, for me it was the opposite with Cassandra Clare. In the clockwork series, there is a character who reminds me so much of Mystique from X-Men, that I instantly feel. But when I started reading City of Bones, I had to put it down for a week. It took me long time to get into it.

      Delete