Sunday, April 7, 2013

Review: Level 2



What happens after we die? There are so many possibilities and Lenore Appelhaus gives us plenty. The idea of a second level, a sort of limbo between life and death, intrigued me and I was rooting for Felicia to get through the next level at any cost. 

But all she wanted was to find her boyfriend Neil. How could she have been certain that he was dead? And why did she refuse to view the memory of how she died knowing he was with her that day? Wouldn't you want to know how you died?  

I couldn't help feeling that the second part lacked depth. It was rushed. A lot of characters were introduced (Victoria was completely forgotten toward the end). And somethings like Felicia's hacking skills left me puzzled. 

Having said that, I would read book two and search for the answers this book did not offer.


2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing mixed reviews for this book, but I want to give it a try. I hope I'll enjoy it more than you did >_< Great review! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you enjoy it, and I'll stay on the look out for your review :)

      Delete