Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Conversation with Author Jordan Elizabeth Mierek




I'm happy to be receiving author Jordan Elizabeth Mierek today to promote her upcoming anthology, 13 Haunted Tales.

              



Hi Jordan, thank you for being with us. Please do tell, what inspired you to write these three short stories?


It started with one short story, Amity.   I was looking for an agent for my manuscript Timelessness and I read on a writing website that it’s a good idea to have credits to your name, and a great way to get those would be by writing short stories.  I wrote Amity based on the graveyard by my house.  Plus, I’ve always had a love for the supernatural. I submitted it to online journals, but they weren’t interested in ghost stories.  Then, while browsing the Internet, I found that Wagonbridge Publishing wanted short stories for a ghost story anthology. Perfect! I was so excited to get an acceptance email.  I wrote two other short stories for the anthology: Candlestick Guilt and Yankee Inn.  The anthology will be titled 13 Haunted Tales and will be available on Wagonbridge Publishing’s website starting in October.

If you could have a diner party with two authors, who would you pick and what would you serve?


Wow, only two?  I’d love to invite all of my author friends and serve them fried tofu.  For one thing, I’d love to meet them, since I only know them through Facebook, email, and their stories.  For another, more people should be introduced to fried tofu, haha. 



Any advice for aspiring writers?


Don’t listen when people say, “You’re not there now; what makes you think you’ll ever get there?”  Just like with anything, you have to believe you can do it.  You have to strive for it.  Fight.  Do whatever you have to (without hurting others).  It isn’t about the naysayers.  It’s all about you and what you want.  The happiest moment of my life was when I signed with my agency, Belcastro.   I stared at the mirror behind my bedroom door with this goofy smile on my face and said, “I really did it.  My dream really did come true.  This is what it feels like.”  When I still think about that moment, that goofy smile returns. 


What are you working on now -- or would you rather surprise us?


I’m always working on something!  I wrote a steampunk/Wild West story that got too long, so I split it into two books.  I’m working on that sequel and a fantasy about a girl with a spirit panther.  I’m curious to see where she takes me in her world of snow and castles.



You can find Jordan Elizabeth Mierek on:

Website

Wattpad

Twitter

Facebook


Thank you for being with us Jordan, and good luck on all your future projects.

6 comments:

  1. Great interview. The spirit panther thing sounds really can't wait to hear what that is about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to that too. I've read a sample of Jordan's work and her writing is impressive.

      Delete
  2. Great interview!! I'm now kind of curious about these Steampunk/wild west books! Sounds intense!! :-)
    And that is such great advice for aspiring authors!!
    This was a great interview!! I loved it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for allowing me on your blog. :) It was so much fun answering your questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great having you here, you are always welcomed :)

      Delete