Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Heart Medicine



 




TOP TEN BOOKS TO SWOON OVER

Valentine's Day is approaching and what a better way to celebrate the month of Love than by sharing these beautiful quotes.




10- Can You Keep a Secret

“It’s the way he had a cup of tea waiting for me when I woke up. It’s the way he turned on his laptop especially for me to look up all my Internet horoscopes and helped me choose the best one. He knows all the crappy, embarrassing bits about me that I normally try to hide from any man for as long as possible… and he loves me anyway.” 


9- The Time Traveler's Wife

“Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?” 
8- The Fault in Our Stars

“You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you. All efforts to save me from you will fail.”

7- Anna and the French Kiss

“I'm saying I'm in love with you! I've been in love with you this whole bleeding year!” 

6- Shiver

“right in this moment, I can´t even remember what unhappy feels like.” 

5- Matched

“But if you were Matched," I say softly, "What do you think she'd be like?"
"You," he says, almost before I've finished. "You.” 
4- If I Stay

“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too ... I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.”

3- Graceling

“I wanted you to go away, because it hurts to be with you when I can't see you." 

2-  City of Fallen Angels

“You don't get to decide," she said, "where I go, or when."
"I know." His voice was ragged. "I've always known that about you. I don't know why I had to fall in love with someone who's more stubborn than I am.” 

1- Ten Things we Did and Probably Shouldn't Have

 “Sometimes you don't need lightning to start a fire. Sometimes, it builds on its own.”

14 comments:

  1. I only read Green but that book was awesome ^^ I have yet to read others but I look forward to all, mostly Cashore. :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! I read Shiver from this list and definitely agree with the swooning statement! Great list!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love The Time Travelers Wife! I also enjoyed the romance in Matched but didn't like the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ky in Matched was quite swoon-worthy (I forgot about him!) and I have been hearing so much about Anna and the French Kiss! I haven't read it yet, but I am thinking I should pick it up.

    My TTT- http://amandasnoseinabook.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/top-ten-book-characters-that-make-me-swoon/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED If I Stay! It found its way to my list too! I still need to read Graceling tho. It's on my bookish bucket list!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you have some great choices! The Fault in Our Stars, Shiver, Graceling! Great choices for sure! Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Anna on my list and I kind of have If I Stay on mine.. I chose Where She Went instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! & All the feel - TFIOS

    Check out my TTT.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I have read almost all of the books on this list and they definitely are swoon worthy! :) Anna is on my list! :)

    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes for Anna, Shiver, If I Stay, City of Bones and Ten Things We Did! This is the first time I've read nearly half the books on someone's list so I'm proud of me and I'm happy that we have similar tastes. Lovely picks!

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier and happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how can I forget! Yes for TFiOS as well! Major, major YES for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that you included quotes!

    I loved If I Stay, Matched, The Time Traveler's Wife, and Ten Things We Did... and all the rest of your choices are on my wish list! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost added A Fault in Their Stars. Nice List
    My TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-books-that-will-make-you-swoon.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only read The Fault in Our Stars and Anna & the French Kiss and those are some of my favorite quotes. I've never heard of Sarah Mlynowski, but I'm definitely intrigued. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete