Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Bottled up till now



 




TOP BOOKISH PROBLEMS I HAVE


Shopaholic

I don't read every book I buy. Most of the time I just leave them in by bookcase, stare at them every day, then go to the library to borrow books. I need a cure!!

Say no to DNF

I'm currently reading a book that I cannot stand. But I will finish it, because once I start anything I need to finish it.

Fear of bad influences

If there is a movie adaptation of the book, then I cannot watch it until I have read said novel in it's entirety. This week I told my friends no to hanging out because they had rented Gone Girl, and I have not read it yet. 

Trying to get others to read

I'm the girl who reads in the subway and smiles if I catch you peeking at the cover. If the book is any good I will personally recommend it.  Let's just say not everyone wants to read. Then you get stuck with someone who just wants to talk about the weather and ethnic food while I could be reading.




Am I the only one?

8 comments:

  1. Trying to get others to read, I forgotvthat one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally had to start putting books down that I wasn't enjoying. I have so many books on my shelf and on my wishlist that I can't waste time on something I'm hating. I love recommending books to people and it baffles me when they aren't interested in reading in general. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( they are missing out on so much. It baffles me more when I meet teachers who don't like to read.

      Delete
  3. I've never used to DNF books, but last year I had two that I just could not keep reading. I was not enjoying them and I have too many other books I want to read. My reading time is precious.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So precious. I admit it irks me seeing many books on my nightstand that I want to read, but having to finish one I don't like at all #virgoproblems

      Maybe it goes back to my childhood when my mom used to force to finish my plate...

      Delete
  4. I do the same thing. I borrow lots of books from the library, which I do read, while I have more than a few unread ones on my shelves. I just can't enter a library and leave without a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! What would the librarian think. Plus they are so nicely displayed :)

      Delete