Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Thinking Out Loud



 




TOP TEN THINGS I LIKE/DISLIKE ABOUT ROMANCE NOVELS


Likes


You can learn a lot from reading romance novels. There's something about looking at a relationship from afar that makes you say ''Why does she stay with him if he always puts her second?'' SO...



1) The life lessons you learn by reading them
2) Inspiring sweet romantic ideas 
3) Books that contains some poetry 
4)Exotic locations 
5) When they make me cry 



Dislikes


6)Temporary Breakups when they should be together
7) Love triangles 

8) Instalove 
9) Needy characters (the girl stays with a creep just because) 
10) Unrealistic couples (they don't get into a single fight)






What do you like/dislike about romance novels?

7 comments:

  1. I definitely don't like when a girl stays with a creep instead of standing up for herself. Temporary break-ups are sometimes crucial to plots, but if it happens over and over...I'm out. Great list! Mine's a little different this week. I had trouble thinking of things last night so I modified the topic, but after seeing all the lists today, I can totally fill up more than ten spots on likes and dislikes. Here's my TTT

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, sometimes they are crucial. You don't know what you have till it's gone type of thing.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the temporary break-ups...they make me sad. And totally agree with you on disliking insta-love, love triangles, and needy characters. I don't read many books with poetry, but it is always a nice bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't enjoy reading poetry books, so little bits and pieces are nice, lol. Verse novels I like. It breaks the routine.

      Delete
  3. Thanks...I'll go check yours out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like needy characters or instalove either. What I probably dislike the most though, is when friendship has to turn into love if one character is male and the other, female, as if boys and girls couldn't be best friends without that friendship turning into more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true :( Then our poor character is forced to choose between her best friend and guy crush -- gah, love hurts.

      Delete