Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review: Afterwolrds



Who suffers most in a book -- the author or the characters?

Darcy's YA book series just got picked up by a famous publishing house. To top it off, she's moving to NYC in order of fulfilling her writer's dream. But life is expensive in New York, not to mention lonely. Can Darcy make it in the world of publishing, embrace her first love, and most importantly edit her manuscript in time?

Afterworlds has alternating chapters -- from Darcy to her manuscript -- allowing us to see the progress she makes with her story. As a YA author, I found this book educating. It mentioned book tours, critics, deadlines, writer's block, plotting ... everything you go through in the publishing world. Of course Westerfeld, also managed to create an interesting fantasy story with Lizzie's tale. 

A little long, but at least, you get two books for the price of one.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree! This book does provide a lot of information about the book industry which for me I really appreciated about it. I really liked this book too, and I have to agree about it being long but at least we get to read 2 books in 1!
    Great review! :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimi. All I kept thinking when I was reading this book was writing lol. She really gives us that extra love for it.

      Delete